Become a Management Partner
Interested in an entrepreneurial challenge to change systems and make things happen from within a ministry of health? Believe that effective leadership & management are essential for lasting impact? Eager to apply your private sector experience to social problems? Join AMP Health for an exciting two-year opportunity!
- Two-year placements
- Apply now for the Ghana - Community Health or Sierra Leone - EPI Management Partner roles!
- We accept applications on a rolling basis for future country placements. Please see below for details on the position and how to apply.
AMP Health seeks highly capable leaders to join the ministry of health (MoH) in Ghana and Sierra Leone as Management Partners (MP). Each MP will work with national leaders to achieve their objectives on high priority initiatives related to strengthening either the country’s community health system or its EPI program. Based within the MoH, the MP will work closely with the community health system or EPI program lead and their teams with oversight from senior MoH officials, AMP Health, and (in the case of EPI) Gavi. The MPs will focus on strengthening leadership and management capabilities on a day-to-day basis with a focus on highest priorities and challenges. Specific MP work will be determined in collaboration with the MoH, but could include: strategic planning, program design and implementation, financial modeling/investment cases, and guidance on governance and coordination across the MoH.
AMP Health believes in the power of strong leadership and management for systemic change. Accordingly, the MPs will benefit from personalized best-in-class leadership development training that will help them grow as leaders and effective change-makers within MoHs. MPs and their MoH counterparts will also participate in needs-based trainings and work closely with MPs from other countries and a network of local and global mentors from the public and private sectors. These events will serve as a collaborative platform to promote dialogue and best practices.
This role will require motivation, flexibility, patience, and a business-minded attitude. Successful candidates will balance their proven business skills and results-driven approach with creativity, savvy, and humility. MPs should have an entrepreneurial spirit as well as a passionate interest in – and commitment to – improving health outcomes in low-and-middle-income countries. Candidates are expected to have the following qualifications:
- An experienced mid-career professional with a minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience, preferably a combination of private sector and global health managerial experience; experience in community health systems and/or immunization programs preferred
- Experience working in low-resource settings required; experience working/living in Africa preferred
- Experience with management consulting, capacity building, training, and/or skills transfer required; experience in change management preferred
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a multi-stakeholder environment with varying levels of authority including senior leaders required; experience within the public sector preferred
- Experience creating and implementing data management and reporting systems preferred
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills, including both qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Relevant advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPH)
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Willingness and ability to live and work in a low-or-middle-income country for two years, with national and international travel up to 25% of the time
The MP role offers a direct, meaningful, and high visibility path to public or private sector healthcare leadership, along with structured support from AMP Health’s and Gavi’s partners and mentorship networks. This is an outstanding opportunity to drive dramatic health system improvements and strengthen leadership & management capacity within a MoH. A competitive salary will be offered.
Applications are to be submitted at: https://aspeninstitute.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=744417&&&nohd#job and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please state your preference for working with the community health program in Ghana, the EPI program in Sierra Leone, or either in your cover letter.
Please note that the final round of interviews will take place in the host country. Placements are expected to start as soon as possible.